Roleplay Central Forum
Welcome to Roleplay Central!

Start exploring our worlds by clicking here! Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Roleplay Central Forum
Welcome to Roleplay Central!

Start exploring our worlds by clicking here! Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!
Roleplay Central Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darker Than Black RPG

+2
Magister
Valentina
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Darker Than Black RPG Empty Darker Than Black RPG

Post by Valentina September 15th 2013, 4:37 am

This roleplay is based on the anime, Darker than Black. It isn't exactly the same but I tweaked things round a little to make it simpler to understand and RP.

Ten years ago, an inscrutable and abnormal territory known as Hell's Gate appeared in Tokyo, altering the sky and wreaking havoc on the landscape. The real stars disappeared, replaced by false stars. Shortly after, some people gained powers and became Contractors. Occasionally, during a meteor shower, a Contractor is formed.

It was dark.

The city was unnervingly quiet that night as the black cat swiftly leaped across one roof after another, only pausing for a short sniff. There was a dark figure crouched at the edge, back facing him.

"Mao? What is it?" The figure spoke tonelessly.

The crescent moon was partially hidden behind the gloomy clouds, weak rays of silver light reaching his face. But one could not see his face.

Because he was wearing a mask. A mask that shielded his face. Mao stared at him for a while longer than necessary, wondering what lay behind that unnerving mask and cold voice. Perhaps there was more behind this mysterious Contractor. Sensing that the other man was waiting for an answer, he quickly mewed, "We have orders from The Syndicate, Hei. Stop the Evening Primrose."
About Contractors

Spoiler:

A Contractor's obeisance can be delayed but it is unavoidable especially after using one's power. If not, they will simply "melt like butter".

Spoiler:

Rules/Information

- You are only allowed to roleplay as only Contractors.
- You may only have up to four characters
- Your Contractor cannot have similar powers with other Contractors
- You may use the example powers/obeisance in this topic

Characters in Roleplay (Updated regularly)

Spoiler:

My Characters

Name: Hei
Race: Contractor
Affiliation: The Syndicate
Description: Tall young man with black hair and colbalt blue eyes. When operating as a Contractor, he wears a bullet-proof coat and white mask.
Ability: Electrical Manipulation - Generating and bending electricity at will
Obeisance: None. His powers were inherited from his missing sister, Bai.
Others: A extremely skilled fighter and capable of acrobatic acts. His trademark weapon is a knife on a metal wire, which he uses as an offensive weapon, a grappling hook, or as a conduit through which to discharge his electricity.

Name: Shizu
Affiliation: Evening Primrose
Ability: Weapon Energizing - Able to turn almost everything into a weapon by energizing them
Obeisance: Not seeing with his right eye
Description: Young 13-year-old boy with dyed white hair and heterochromatic eyes - one amber and one green. Has a cherubic face and is well-liked by many. He usually wears a blindfold over his right eye to fulfill his obeisance.
Others: He wields a long pale green sword which he made by himself. His energized sword can slice through everything easily and he can dodge attacks quickly by energizing himself.

Joining Form:
Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Affiliation:[/b]
[b]Ability:[/b]
[b]Obeisance:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b]
[b]Others:[/b]
If you're confused, you can always either find the Darker Than Black wikipedia page or ask me! It's a great anime, maybe you all could watch it Very Happy

Last edited by Valentina on September 21st 2013, 11:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Valentina
Valentina
Shadowhunter
Shadowhunter

Female Posts : 13

General Information
Attack Power: 10,000
ᖇoleplay ᑕᖺaracters: N/A

Back to top Go down

Darker Than Black RPG Empty Re: Darker Than Black RPG

Post by Magister September 15th 2013, 5:54 pm

I remember this RPG. :DI'll take Mao again, if you don't mind.

Name: Aprilynne (April)
Ability: Telekinesis - the ability to manipulate objects with her mind
Obeisance: Folding paper cranes
Description: A medium-sized girl with vividly dark green eyes. Her hair is so pale it’s almost silver in color, just a shade darker than her whitish skin. As a consequence, she is almost always seen wearing a hooded black jacket that covers up her more noticeable features.  
Others: A skilled close-quarters fighter; she usually prefers hand-to-hand combat than dealing with weapons. Equally fast and strong, she always has a knife or two stuck somewhere in her outfit as backup.

Name: Mao
Ability: Animal Possession
Obeisance: Losing one's human body. Contract paid.
Description: Typically takes the form of a black cat with unnaturally intelligent yellow eyes
Others: Acts as a spy and a messenger on the behalf of the Syndicate.

Last edited by Magister on September 15th 2013, 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Magister
Magister
RCF Administrator
RCF Administrator

Female Posts : 17

General Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentina September 15th 2013, 6:47 pm

Accepted! I'll add her to the list when I'm free but you could help me too hehehe, fill up a character form for Mao too!
Valentina
Valentina
Shadowhunter
Shadowhunter

General Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapture September 15th 2013, 9:53 pm

Name: Kyros
Ability: Heat Manipulation
Obeisance: Self-harm
Description: A tall teenage boy of about 17 with thick, shaggy red-brown hair and blazing yellowish hazel eyes.
Others: Has a quick temper and always carries gauze, vicryl string, a sterile needle, and a switchblade to fulfill his obeisance. This is all carried in his pack he constantly wears which was made for him by his mother when he was little. He won't let anyone touch it.
Rapture
Rapture
StarClan Warrior
StarClan Warrior

Female Posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ƨαɛиɢ September 16th 2013, 6:42 pm

Name:Rhyme
Race:Contractor
Affiliation:The Sydricate
Ability:Ice Manipulation
Obeisance:playing with chinese finger traps.
Description:A lanky girl with chin length hair raven hair and brown eyes.
Others:Hates the sun, always wears hoodies and skinny jeans, she keeps her chinese finger trap in her hoodie pockets, her weapon is a huge battle axe made from a rare mineral that is only formed deep underground that shrinks down to a mini caspule.
Ƨαɛиɢ
Ƨαɛиɢ
StarClan Warrior
StarClan Warrior

Female Posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentina September 17th 2013, 8:07 am

All Accepted! Do create more characters! Once we have 6 from the Syndicate and 4 from Evening Primrose, we can start roleplaying~
Valentina
Valentina
Shadowhunter
Shadowhunter

General Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Azule September 17th 2013, 5:57 pm

MAO BAHAHAHA

sorry Razz

Name: Seiche
Ability: Water manipulation
Obeisance: Ohkai. Umm. Doodling. Does that work?
Description: Teenage girl of middling stature with dark brown hair and deep blue eyes
Others: April's friend, Rhyme's sister

Last edited by Azule on September 20th 2013, 5:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Azule
Azule
RCF Global Moderator
RCF Global Moderator

General Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentina September 17th 2013, 7:01 pm

Azule wrote:Obeisance: I don't get this one. Imma edit my form later when I get on the computer
That's the price you pay for using powers
Valentina
Valentina
Shadowhunter
Shadowhunter

General Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Ƨαɛиɢ September 17th 2013, 8:18 pm

I'll make another one then cx

Name:Promise
Affiliation:Evening Primose
Ability:Invisbility
Obeisance:Tarot Cards
Description:A normal sized girl with long braided brown hair and emerald eyes.
Others:Promise always wears leather jackets and tight pinstriped pants. She also carries a messager pack wth all her Tarot cards.
Ƨαɛиɢ
Ƨαɛиɢ
StarClan Warrior
StarClan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapture September 17th 2013, 11:06 pm

Name: Beau
Ability: Weather Manipulation
Obeisance: Growing Younger
Description: A well-built boy of 17 or 18 with dark black hair and stormy gray eyes.
Others: Hates the touch of others and rarely lets anyone touch him. Also always wears converse (because he collects them)
Rapture
Rapture
StarClan Warrior
StarClan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Azule September 18th 2013, 5:40 pm

Ok I edited, btw can Seiche be friends with April but sisters with Rhyme because they have similar powers?
Azule
Azule
RCF Global Moderator
RCF Global Moderator

General Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Ƨαɛиɢ September 18th 2013, 6:29 pm

((Sure. You can be sisters with Rhyme.))
Ƨαɛиɢ
Ƨαɛиɢ
StarClan Warrior
StarClan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Magister September 18th 2013, 7:14 pm

Az, your obsience is kind of "doing something" instead of just "having something." Like my character has to fold paper cranes. My character a long time ago had to eat pomegranate seeds. That's how I think of it anyways. o3o

And sure they can be friends
Magister
Magister
RCF Administrator
RCF Administrator

General Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentina September 20th 2013, 7:59 am

Actually, Magister, both are fine. For example, the inability to walk can be an obeisance. Or for "doing something" it can be something simple like eating a particular kind of food or even sleeping!

All Accepted! Can anyone roleplay Amber though? She's the leader of Evening Primrose and is looks something like this:

Amber:

And a bonus picture of Amber and Hei Razz
Spoiler:

Valentina
Valentina
Shadowhunter
Shadowhunter

General Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Azule September 20th 2013, 5:21 pm

I'll take Amber if that's ok with you c:
Azule
Azule
RCF Global Moderator
RCF Global Moderator

General Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamau September 20th 2013, 11:55 pm

Name: Meira
Ability: Shadow Manipulation
Obeisance: Inability to lie.
Description: Dark-skinned young, 15-year-old girl with cropped, coal-black hair. Short and skinny, she likes bright neon colours and will only wear dark clothes on missions.
Others: Typically bright and cheery; all her favourite clothes are colours that usually stand out (none are black or gray or brown). She's bipolar, as her mood can almost always be gauged by whether she's wearing her leather bracelet. If it's not present, her good cheer is absent as well.
Kamau
Kamau
Shadowhunter
Shadowhunter

Female Posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Azule September 21st 2013, 11:25 am

Oh okay. And Rhyme and Seiche are probably going to have some sad history because they're in opposite groups

Name: Amber
Ability: chronokinesis - manipulation of time I think
Obeisance: Aging backwards, something about paying off her contract to a certain extent
Description: Girl with blond hair and brown eyes, she is kind and I think she likes Hei from what I googled xD
Others: Objective is to destroy Hell's Gate without destroying the Contractors
Azule
Azule
RCF Global Moderator
RCF Global Moderator

General Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentina September 21st 2013, 12:06 pm

All Accepted! Thanks to whoever helped me update my topic! Let's begin RP!

"Amber, I think you should look at this," Shizu said, stopping short in his footsteps, his eyes wide in surprise. Before him lay a girl, not more than 10, sprawled facedown on the ground, a distinctive ring of scorch mark around her right ankle, trails of smoke coming from mark.

He knelt to the ground on one knee, taking a closer look at the wound. "Seems more than an accident to me," He said, looking thoughtful. "Looks... intentional. Like someone's going around killing innocent people."
Valentina
Valentina
Shadowhunter
Shadowhunter

General Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Azule September 21st 2013, 5:39 pm

~oh btw since I don't watch anime please give me suggestions and stuff c:~

Amber followed her friend and knelt next to the girl. "You're right," she decided. Feeling for a pulse, she frowned. "She seems to be dead..." She recalled another body they'd seen a few days ago. [making this up.] She'd seen the same smoking black ring around the ankle. She glanced at Shizu. "You think it could be the work of the Syndicate?" [I don't even know]

Last edited by Azule on September 21st 2013, 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : "Shizo". what.)
Azule
Azule
RCF Global Moderator
RCF Global Moderator

General Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Magister September 21st 2013, 5:46 pm

"Who else could do these kinds of things?" April answered sharply. She came to a stop beside Amber, but disdained to kneel beside the two; instead, she remainded standing, arms crossed. "This is bloody Syndicate work for sure. Maybe someone with a fire or electricity ability."
Magister
Magister
RCF Administrator
RCF Administrator

General Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentina September 22nd 2013, 4:24 am

"We don't even know who's from the Syndicate. They've never shown their faces before," Shizu muttered darkly, his fists clenched. Killing contractors just like that... They're humans too, he thought, angry tears in his eyes.

Four figures crouched on the roof of the building, gazing down at the small group of teenagers. Hei thumbed the blade of his grappling hook restlessly as he watched them. He drew a deep breath when he accidentally cut himself, blood blossoming from his finger.

"Who are they?" He asked irritably. "Nosy human beings?"

*Note: There is no way of identifying a Contractor unless they use their powers
Valentina
Valentina
Shadowhunter
Shadowhunter

General Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Azule September 22nd 2013, 4:14 pm

Seiche shook her head, agreeing with her friend April. "It has to be the Syndicate," she insisted, her anger and hurt carefully masked. She hated remembering, but every time the Syndicate was mentioned, she saw her sister's face and heard the terrible things they had yelled at each other. [random history]

Amber shook her head and stood beside Shizu. "As Shizu said, we don't know for sure. Besides, it isn't safe here. We better get moving." She looked around uneasily, then hesitated, staring at the body, wondering if they should do a burial or something for her.

Seiche's face darkened but she didn't say anything. Resent boiled inside her. How could anyone do this to innocent people?

~btw, is Rhyme Seiche's older or younger sister?~
Azule
Azule
RCF Global Moderator
RCF Global Moderator

General Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Ƨαɛиɢ September 23rd 2013, 7:39 am

~Fraternal Twins perhaps -3-~

Rhyme walked in the shadows of the building, making sure she wasn't seen. She saw a group of teenagers investigating a dead body. The body had a ring around it. Her eye twitched. She leaned on the building and watched them. She pulled out her fingertrap and played with it for awhile as she watched them.
Ƨαɛиɢ
Ƨαɛиɢ
StarClan Warrior
StarClan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Magister September 23rd 2013, 5:47 pm

Mao's tail twitched as he leaned forward, watching carefully as the group gathered around the body. "A dead girl lying in the street usually does catch some attention," he said. The black cat's claws scraped absently on the rough cement of the roof.

~

April nodded and stuck her hands into the pockets of her hoodie. "We can't do much just standing here, can we? Best take her off somewhere and bury her. Besides, if we leave her here, the citizens will find her."
Magister
Magister
RCF Administrator
RCF Administrator

General Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapture September 24th 2013, 1:45 am

A silent boy, appearing no older than eighteen appeared and approached the body without a word, stormy gray eyes calm. Pushing his silky dark hair out of his face, Beau took a moment to stare at the deceased girl before him then bent down to take her limp body into his arms. Touch was a generally unwelcome sensation to him, but he would make an acception for the dead.

"Instead of simply speaking of a burial, perhaps we should get on with it and start the ceremony. If we waste our time here too long, we may loose all hope of finding those scum."

Voice soft yet booming like early spring thunders, the pale boy turned on his heel and carried the dead body off toward the nearby park which opened up into a small forest. Beau set a somber mood in his wake, willing rain to sprinkle down softly from the slowly darkening clouds. The drops made light pit-pat echos that were almost in tune with the Contractor's retreating steps. Death left a bitter taste in his mouth, but Beau wouldn't waste time on this dead child while they had a semi-hot trail to work with.

(Hope that was ok, never seen Darker Than Black either, but I thought Beau would fit perfectly here xD)

Rapture
Rapture
StarClan Warrior
StarClan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: